District of Columbia
- Various Pickup Locations across the District, Maryland, and Virginia
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: We order local produce from this sustainable, online grocery store that connects local and organic farmers.
- 2409 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Amazing gluten-free and allergen-friendly bakery right in Adams Morgan! This was our favorite spot for baked goods in the neighborhood. Definitely worth a stop to treat yourself! They also sell gluten-free bread, rolls, and biscuits.
- 1781 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Delicious fruit pops made from local farmer’s market produce. Gluten-free friendly. Also have a market that sells a variety of local products such as cage-free eggs and grass-fed milk.
Songbyrd Music House and Record Cafe
- 2475 18th St NW, Washington, DC 2000
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: An eclectic spot in Adams Morgan. Record cafe with lunch options that are gluten-friendly. Great brunch spot on Sundays. The restaurant offers seasonal, local dishes. Love their grass-fed burgers!
Yes! Organic Market
- 1825 Columbia Rd. NW, Washington, DC 20009, Multiple Locations
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Family-owned local market for your grocery needs in the District. They have a range of local and organic produce. Gluten-friendly and vegan options.
Adams Morgan Farmer’s Market
- 18th St NW & Columbia Rd NW, Washington, DC 20050
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Convenient farmer’s market in AdMo. Staff incredibly friendly. Hours: 8 am to 2 pm, Saturdays from May to December.
Mount Pleasant Farmer’s Market
- 3210 Mount Pleasant St NW, Washington, DC
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Great farmer’s market in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood. Hours: 9 am to 1 pm, Saturdays, April 2, 2016 – Dec 17, 2016.
Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market
- 20th St. NW between Massachusetts Ave. and Hillyer Pl., in the adjacent parking of PNC bank.
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: One of the most reputable farmer’s market in DC, operated by FRESHFARM, a non-profit that promotes sustainable agriculture and improves food access and equity in the Mid-Atlantic Region. FRESHFARM operates multiple farmer’s markets across the Mid-Atlantic Region including the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Maryland. They also provide outreach and educational programs to promote food awareness and sustainability.
- 1513 17th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: A definite foodie’s stop in DC. They source their ingredients from local purveyors including Potomac Farm Market and Lyon Bakery with an emphasis on sustainable ingredients.
- Kimpton Hotel Madera, 1310 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: A more upscale restaurant in Dupont Circle. Firefly supports local farmers by using seasonal ingredients. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free friendly.