Frederick County, Maryland
The Common Market
- 5728 Buckeystown Pike #1-B, Frederick, MD 21704
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: This local grocery store is community-owned supporting local and small farmer’s. They have local and organic food available. The Common Market also offers classes to attend covering various subjects such as organic farming (Chris and I attended this!). We teach courses here! They also have an amazing cafe with delicious smoothies and gluten-free sandwiches. Sustainable. Gluten-free. Allergen-friendly. Vegan-friendly. Vegetarian-friendly.
- 4 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: A cafe offering organic, local, and vegetarian food. Our favorite spot for breakfast in Frederick! Cafe Nola also grows their own garden that they use in their food. Gluten-free options. Vegetarian-friendly. Vegan-friendly.
Frederick City Farmer’s Market
- 331 N Market St, Frederick, MD 21701
- Hours of Operation Sundays, 9:00 AM – 1 PM, May 15, 2016 – November 2016
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: This farmer’s market is awesome! We especially like to get our meat here!
GOOD juju Frederick
- 300 E 2nd St Frederick, Maryland
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: We love this place! Great Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free food! Their Hearty Quinoa Bowl is amazing! They also have amazing smoothies!
Shab Row Tea Emporium
- 112 N East St, Frederick, MD 21701
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: IF you believe Tea is Medicine, this is the place to go. It is in the cute Shab Row area in downtown Frederick. and they have so many great teas. Love the Jasmine Green Tea and Moroccan Mint, but there’s so much to try and choose from! They also have an amazing upstairs tea room for you to do work and outdoor seating.
South Mountain Creamery
- 8305 Bolivar Rd, Middletown, MD 21769
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Sustainable farm, selling grass-fed products. Very popular spot in Frederick County for milk and dairy products. They also have a convenient delivery service for surrounding areas in the DC metro.
Washington County, Maryland
Hagerstown City Farmer’s Market
- 25 W. Church St.Hagerstown, MD 21740
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Cheap farmer’s market with a wide range of local veggies for sale! Open early from 5:00 a.m. to noon
Howard County, Maryland
- 5805 Clarksville Square Dr, Clarksville, MD 21029
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Locally-owned market for your grocery needs in Howard County, Maryland at affordable prices! This market is a part of the “Conscious Corner” in Clarksville and is an amazing spot for your sustainable, environmentally-conscious needs 🙂 Earth-friendly. Veg-friendly. Gluten-free options. Allergen-friendly.
Great Sage Vegan Restaurant
- 5809 Clarksville Square Dr, Clarksville, MD 21029
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: All we can say is amazing! This place is phenomenal. This is a vegan restaurant that is one of our favorites in Howard County. A part of the Conscious Corner as well. Sustainable. Earth-friendly. Gluten-free options. Allergen-friendly.
One Dish Cuisine Cafe, Deli and Bakery
- Taylor Village Center, 8001 Hillsborough Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: A cafe that was built for people with food allergies, specifically individuals suffering from Celiac disease, gluten allergies, and Autism. They offer separate menus and prepare them in different kitchens for dairy, lactose, and whey allergies. This restaurant is free of: Gluten (Wheat, Rye, Barley), Oats, Soy, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Sesame, Peanuts and Tree Nuts (except Coconut in very limited products). No outside food or beverage is allowed in to ensure allergen-free. The pizza here is phenomenal, along with the Reuben Sandwiches! Gluten-free. Vegan-friendly. Allergen-friendly.
- 2010 Clipper Park Rd #126, Baltimore, MD 21211
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: One of the best restaurants in Baltimore, and trust us it is amazing! Make a reservation for this place because you will need one! New American fare offering local, seasonal, farm-to-table dishes from the Chesapeake region.
- 1500 Union Ave, Baltimore, MD 21211
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: All food from this cafe is locally and seasonally produced. Gluten-free options. Amazing tea here!
Jack and Zach Food
- 333 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: One of our favorite breakfast spots in Baltimore! Uses local, seasonal ingredients for their food. Amazing coffee!
- 540 E. Belvedere Avenue, Suite 204, Baltimore, MD 21212
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: An incredibly unique find! We absolutely love this place! Great food options and roomy outdoor seating. Here are some of our favorite places inside:
- Hex’s Ferments: assortment of fermented food from local and organic sources, good for your gut health!
- PlantBar Powered by Zia : Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free and Paleo food and drink
- Ejji Ramen: gluten-free and vegetarian options available, so delicious!
- Multiple Locations in Baltimore, MD
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: One of our regular places in Baltimore! They serve fresh, local, and organic food. We absolutely love their gluten-free bread!
- 164 Main Street Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Chris & Sarah’s Tips: Casual American restaurant using sustainable and local products. Their menu focuses on pickling, preserving, and fermenting. Incredibly gluten-free friendly. Owner and staff were incredibly accommodating to us to ensure our meal was gluten-free. If you are looking for a place that is super friendly to meet all your gluten-free needs, this is the place. The minced pork lettuce wraps are amazing. Their Ricotta is made from scratch with seasonal preserves.