This delicious, fresh salad is one of our favorites to make during the summer using our harvested garden veggies. This salad is also great in the fall when beets are numerous at Farmer’s Markets! We combined our garden-fresh spiral beets, greens from the garden, along with an organic spring mix, pumpkin seeds, and goat cheese (can opt-out for vegan cheese or no cheese at all). Chris and I play around with making our own dressings, but for this one, we kept it simple and drizzled balsamic vinegar and then extra virgin olive oil.
You can make this salad any time of the year as a side-salad, main dish, or you can pair it with any form of good-quality protein such as chicken for lunch or dinner!
- 3 beets, diced
- 1 pkg greens such as spring mix
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- tbsp. goat cheese, sprinkled
- 3 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- In a large bowl combine the beets, greens, and pumpkin seeds
- Toss with Balsamic Vinegar then Extra Virgin Olive Oil (tossing with olive oil first prevents the vinegar from sticking to the greens, leading to a pool of vinegar at the bottom of the bowl)
- Sprinkle with Goat Cheese and then Finish with Salt & Pepper
- If desired, add some thin sliced chicken breast, salmon, steak, or any other good quality protein you like